Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N1, #Bangladesh [two #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N1 subtype, poultry epizootics in Bangladesh.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1, Bangladesh
Information received on 11/05/2017 from Dr Ainul Haque, Director General, Department of Livestock Services, Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Report type Follow-up report No. 1
- Date of start of the event 15/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 16/01/2017
- Report date 11/05/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 11/05/2017
- Reason for notification Recurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 04/02/2016
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N1
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 2
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - … – 108 - 41 - 67 - 0
- Phasianidae (unidentified):Phasianidae (incognita)(Phasianidae) - … – 52 - 25 - 27 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - ** - ** - 37.96% - **
- Phasianidae (unidentified):Phasianidae (incognita)(Phasianidae) - ** - ** - 48.08% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N1 ; Poultry; Bangladesh.