Title: #HK, Suspected #MERS case reported.
Subject: Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, suspected imported case in Hong Kong.
Source: Centre for Health Protection, Hong Kong PRC SAR, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Suspected MERS case reported
The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health today (April 21) reported a suspected case of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), and again urged people to pay special attention to safety during travel, taking due consideration of health risks in the places they visit.
The case is detailed below:
- Sex – Female
- Age – 48
- Affected area involved - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Risk exposure - Camel ride
- Hospital - Yan Chai Hospital
- Condition – Stable
- MERS-CoV preliminary test result – Pending
Members of the public may visit:
- the MERS page of the CHP and
- MERS statistics in affected areas,
- the CHP's Facebook Page and
- YouTube Channel, and
- the World Health Organization's latest news for more information.
Tour leaders and tour guides operating overseas tours are advised to refer to the CHP's health advice on MERS.
Keywords: HK PRC SAR; Updates; MERS-CoV.