Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Lithuania [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Lithuania.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N8, Lithuania
Information received on 08/04/2017 from Dr Vidmantas Paulauskas, Deputy Director, State Food and Veterinary Service, DGA openRR, VILNIUS, Lithuania
- Report type Follow-up report No. 4
- Date of start of the event 27/02/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 27/02/2017
- Report date 08/04/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 08/04/2017
- Reason for notification First occurrence of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to the whole country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Mute Swan:Cygnus olor(Anatidae) - … – 1 - 1 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Mute Swan:Cygnus olor(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with infected animal(s) at grazing/watering
- Epidemiological comments
- Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5 has been confirmed.
- Virus is 94% similar to H5N8 strain found in Czech Republic (A/chicken/Czech Republic/206-17_2/2017(H5N8), further testing is being performed.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; Lithuania.