Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Austria [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Austria.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Austria
Information received on 06/04/2017 from Mr Dr Ulrich Herzog, Chief Veterinary Officer, Verbrauchergesundheit, Bundesministerium für Gesundheit , VIENNE, Austria
- Report type Follow-up report No. 1 (Final report)
- Date of start of the event 09/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 11/11/2016
- Report date 06/04/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 06/04/2017
- Date event resolved 20/02/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 26/04/2006
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 108 - 49 - 49 - 59 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 45.37% - 45.37% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Austria.