Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Russia [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Russia.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Russia
Information received on 20/04/2017 from Dr Evgeny Nepoklonov, Vice-minister, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture, Moscow, Russia
- Report type Follow-up report No. 10
- Date of start of the event 02/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 06/12/2016
- Report date 20/04/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 20/04/2017
- Reason for notification Recurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 07/11/2016
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 281821 - 8963 - 8963 – … – 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 3.18% - 3.18% - 100.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Russia.