Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Netherlands [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Netherlands.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Netherlands
Information received on 14/04/2017 from Dr Christianne Bruschke, Chief Veterinary Officer , Ministry of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Economic Affairs, The Hague, Netherlands
- Report type Follow-up report No. 14
- Date of start of the event 08/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 10/11/2016
- Report date 14/04/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 14/04/2017
- Reason for notification Recurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 04/2015
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 3
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Mallard:Anas platyrhynchos(Anatidae) - … – 1 - 0 - 0 - 0
- Anatidae (unidentified):Anatidae (incognita)(Anatidae) - … – 39 - 28 - 77 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Mallard:Anas platyrhynchos(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 0.00% - **
- Anatidae (unidentified):Anatidae (incognita)(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 71.79% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- H5N8 was confirmed in wild birds found in De Wijk, Woerdense Verlaat and Houten.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; Netherlands.