Title: Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza H5N8, Italy [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Italy.
Source: National Reference Laboratory for Avian Influenza, Padua, Italy, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) in Italy
|-- Outbreaks | PDF (last update: 10/04/2017) --|
|-- Map | PDF (last update: 10/04/2017) –|
- On 8 April 2017, the National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for Avian Influenza and Newcastle Disease confirmed as positive to Avian Influenza subtype H5N8 an industrial laying hen farm in Bologna province (Emilia-Romagna region).
- The samples were taken following an increase in mortality in one of the sheds.
- At the moment of the epidemiological investigation, 130.773 laying hens were present in a total of 5 sheds.
- Symptomatic birds and increase in mortality rates were reported in two sheds.
- Protection and surveillance zones (3 and 10 km) around the infected holding were defined, and control measures were implemented as provided by the Council Directive 2005/94/EC.
- Further information on virus characterization and phylogenetic analysis will be provided as soon as available.
Keywords: Avian Influenza, Italy, Updates, H5N8, Poultry.