Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Hungary [two #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Hungary.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Hungary
Information received on 12/04/2017 from Dr Lajos Bognár, Deputy State Secretary Chief Veterinary Officer, Food Chain Safety Department, Ministry of Agriculture, Budapest, Hungary
- Report type Follow-up report No. 13
- Date of start of the event 01/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 03/11/2016
- Report date 12/04/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 12/04/2017
- Reason for notification Recurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 26/10/2016
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 2
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 21053 - 1205 - 675 - 20378 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 5.72% - 3.21% - 56.02% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Fomites (humans, vehicles, feed, etc.)
- Airborne spread
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Hungary.