Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N6, South #Korea [nine #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N6 subtype, poultry epizootics in South Korea.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N6, Korea (Rep. of)
Information received on 14/04/2017 from Dr Oh Soon-Min, Director - Chief Veterinary Officer, General Animal Health Division, Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (MAFRA), SEJONG-SI, Korea (Rep. of)
- Report type Follow-up report No. 3
- Date of start of the event 16/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 17/11/2016
- Report date 14/04/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 14/04/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N6
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to the whole country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 9
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 305568 - ** – … – 305568 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - ** - ** - ** - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N6 ; Poultry; South Korea.