Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N1, #Cameroon [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N1 subtype, poultry epizootics in Cameroon.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1, Cameroon
Information received on 04/04/2017 from Dr Gaston Djonwe, Directeur des Services Vétérinaires, Services Vétérinaires, Ministère de l'Elevage, des Pêches & des Industries Animales, Yaoundé, Cameroon
- Report type Follow-up report No. 31
- Date of start of the event 20/05/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 24/05/2016
- Report date 04/04/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 04/04/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 12/03/2006
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N1
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 25413 - 21407 - 21407 - 4006 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 84.24% - 84.24% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- Information received on March, 29th 2017 by the veterinary services of the Western region.
- The measures implemented comply with Law 006 of 16 April 2001 on zoo-sanitary standards applying to livestock diseases legally considered as contagious and subjected to compulsory reporting, and to the OIE Terrestrial Animal Health Code.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N1 ; Poultry; Cameroon.