Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N1, #Vietnam [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N1 subtype, poultry epizootics in Vietnam.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1, Vietnam
Information received on 19/04/2017 from Dr Dong Pham Van, Director General, Chief Veterinary Officer, Department of Animal Health, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Hanoï, Vietnam
- Report type Follow-up report No. 10
- Date of start of the event 14/02/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 15/02/2017
- Report date 19/04/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 19/04/2017
- Reason for notification Recurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 10/2016
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N1
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to the whole country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 2500 - 100 - 75 - 2425 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 4.00% - 3.00% - 75.00% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N1 ; Poultry; Vietnam.