Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5, #Bangladesh [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5 subtype, poultry epizootics in Bangladesh.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5, Bangladesh
Information received on 11/04/2017 from Dr H.B.M Golam Mahmud, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Director, Livestock Research Institute, Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 14/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 01/02/2017
- Report date 11/04/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 11/04/2017
- Reason for notification Recurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 04/02/2016
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- House Crow:Corvus splendens(Corvidae) - 166 - 124 - 42 – … – …
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- House Crow:Corvus splendens(Corvidae) - ** - ** - 74.70% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- The event started on 14 January, 2017. The outbreak has been resolved on 16 March 2017.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5 ; Wild Birds; Bangladesh.