Title: USA, Alabama: No New Avian Influenza H7N9 Poultry Outbreaks reported as of March 27 2017.
Subject: Avian Influenza, H7N9 subtype (North American Lineage), poultry epizootics in the US.
Source: US State of Alabama Department of Agriculture, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Avian Influenza in Alabama – Timeline
March 27, 2017
- Sample collection from commercial and backyard flocks continues within the surveillance zone surrounding commercial breeder flock in Cullman County, Ala. confirmed positive for low pathogenic H7N9 avian influenza (LPAI) by NVSL on March 22, 2017.
- Georgia Press Release - Confirmed H7, Presumptive Low Pathogenic Avian Influenza in a Commercial Flock in Chattooga County, Georgia
- The surveillance zone established surrounding quarantined Chattooga Co., Ga premises includes portions of northeast Alabama.
- Poultry technicians have collected samples from commercial and backyard flocks on premises within the surveillance zone.
- At this time, all samples collected have tested negative for avian influenza.
Keywords: USA; Updates; H7N9; Avian Influenza; Poultry; Alabama.