Title: #HK, Suspected #MERS case reported.
Subject: Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, suspected imported case in Hong Kong.
Source: Centre for Health Protection, Hong Kong PRC SAR, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Suspected MERS case reported
The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health today (March 25) reported a suspected case of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), and again urged the public to pay special attention to safety during travel, taking due consideration of health risks of the places of visit.
The case is detailed below:
- Sex – Female
- Age – 25
- Affected area involved – Jordan
- Risk exposure - With camel contact
- Hospital - Queen Mary Hospital
- Condition – Stable
- MERS-CoV preliminary test result – Pending
The public may visit:
- the MERS page of the CHP and
- MERS statistics in affected areas,
- the CHP's Facebook Page and
- YouTube Channel, and
- the World Health Organization's latest news for more information.
Tour leaders and tour guides operating overseas tours are advised to refer to the CHP's health advice on MERS.
Keywords: HK PRC SAR; Updates; MERS-CoV.