Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H7N9, #China [six #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H7N9 subtype, poultry epizootics in China.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ][ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H7N9, China (People's Rep. of)
Information received on 01/03/2017 from Dr Zhang Zhongqui, Director General , China Animal Disease Control Centre, Veterinary Bureau, Ministry of Agriculture, Beijing, China (People's Rep. of)
- Report type Follow-up report No. 1
- Date of start of the event 10/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 18/02/2017
- Report date 01/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 01/03/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 2015
- Manifestation of disease Sub-clinical infection
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H7N9
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 6
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - ** - … – … – … – …
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - ** - ** - ** - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- All relevant live poultry markets were entirely closed, cleaned and disinfected and surveillance strengthened.
- Up to date, during tracing back to the farms of origin, no unusual situation was observed in local poultry farms.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H7N9 ; Poultry; China.