Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Germany [three #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Germany.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Germany
Information received on 17/03/2017 from Dr. Karin Schwabenbauer, Ministerial Dirigentin and Chief Veterinary Officer , Directorate of Animal Health, Animal Welfare, Bundesministerium für Ernährung und Landwirtschaft (BMEL) , Bonn, Germany
- Report type Follow-up report No. 25
- Date of start of the event 07/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 08/11/2016
- Report date 17/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 17/03/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 09/2015
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to the whole country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 3
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 32051 - 9100 - 73 - 31978 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 28.39% - 0.23% - 0.80% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- All poultry have been culled and safely disposed of.
- No poultry or poultry products have been dispatched.
- Restriction zones have been established and epidemiological investigations started.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Germany.