Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Ireland [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Ireland.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N8, Ireland
Information received on 06/03/2017 from Dr Martin Blake, Chief Veterinary Officer, Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Agriculture House, Dublin, Ireland
- Report type Follow-up report No. 5
- Date of start of the event 28/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 06/01/2017
- Report date 06/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 06/03/2017
- Reason for notification First occurrence of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to the whole country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Whooper Swan:Cygnus cygnus(Anatidae) - 100 - 3 - 3 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Whooper Swan:Cygnus cygnus(Anatidae) - 3.00% - 3.00% - 100.00% - 3.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; Ireland.