Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Nepal [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Nepal.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Nepal
Information received on 10/03/2017 from Dr Bimal Kumar Nirmal, Doctor, Department of Livestock Services, DGA openRR, NEPAL, Nepal
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 01/03/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 08/03/2017
- Report date 10/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 10/03/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to the whole country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - KOSHI ( Itahari-12, Santitole,Khanar, Sunsari )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 6200 - 3650 - 3650 - 2550 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 58.87% - 58.87% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- A total of 2550 birds, 412 eggs, 200kg of food, 2213 egg trays and 26 local hens have been destroyed and disposed of by the Rapid Response Team.
- Stamping out, cleaning and disinfection and sealing of infected premises have been completed.
- Post operative surveillance outside the containment area is ongoing.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Nepal.