Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #France [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in France.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, France
Information received on 13/03/2017 from Dr Loic Evain, Directeur Général adjoint, CVO, Direction générale de l'alimentation, Ministère de l'Agriculture, de l'Agroalimentaire et de la Forêt, Paris, France
- Report type Follow-up report No. 13
- Date of start of the event 17/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 26/11/2016
- Report date 13/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 13/03/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Laridae (unidentified):Laridae (incognita)(Laridae) – … – 1 - 1 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Laridae (unidentified):Laridae (incognita)(Laridae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with wild species
- Epidemiological comments
- The notification is about wild animals.
- As the episode of mortality in wildlife happened in a zone where the risk had been considered as high (Ministerial Decree from November 16th, 2016, qualifying the risk level as regard to avian influenza), poultry farms have been subjected to extra biosecurity measures and containment ever since.
- An epidemiological investigation was performed and surveillance measures have been strengthened around the outbreak.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; France.