Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Romania [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Romania.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Romania
Information received on 07/03/2017 from Dr. Marius Grigore, Director, Head of Unit Animal Health Department General Sanitary Veterinary Directorate, National Sanitary Veterinary and Food Safety Authority, Bucharest, Romania
- Report type Follow-up report No. 23
- Date of start of the event 22/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 24/11/2016
- Report date 07/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 07/03/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 2
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Great Cormorant:Phalacrocorax carbo(Phalacrocoracidae) - … – 1 - 1 - 0 - 0
- Whooper Swan:Cygnus cygnus(Anatidae) - … – 4 - 4 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Great Cormorant:Phalacrocorax carbo(Phalacrocoracidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- Whooper Swan:Cygnus cygnus(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; Romania.