Title: Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza H5N8, Italy [two poultry outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry and wild birds epizootics in Italy.
Source: National Reference Laboratory for Avian Influenza, Padua, Italy, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) in Italy, 2016/2017 – H5N5, H5N8
|-- Outbreaks | PDF (last update: 29/03/2017) --|
|-- Map | PDF (last update: 29/03/2017) –|
- On 28 March 2017, the National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for Avian Influenza and Newcastle Disease confirmed as positive to Avian Influenza subtype H5N8 a backyard flock (chickens) in Pordenone province (Friuli Venezia Giulia region).
- On 29 March, samples from a fattening turkeys farm located in Verona province were analysed at a local laboratory belonging to Instituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale and resulted positive to Avian Influenza subtype H5.
- Confirmation analysis on this last case are ongoing at the NRL.
- An increase in mortality was observed in the previous days.
- At the moment of the impound, about 16.000 turkeys were present.
- Further information on virus characterization will be provided as soon as available.
Keywords: Italy; Updates; H5N8; Avian Influenza; Poultry.