Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Spain [nine #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Spain.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Spain
Information received on 03/03/2017 from Dr Valentín Almansa, Director General, Sanidad de la Produccion Agraria, Ministerio de Agricultura, Alimentación y Medio Ambiente, Madrid, Spain
- Report type Follow-up report No. 1
- Date of start of the event 18/02/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 23/02/2017
- Report date 03/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 03/03/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 9
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 10530 - 274 ** - 250 - 9880 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - ** - 2.37% - ** - 96.20%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Spain.