Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Belgium [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Belgium.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N8, Belgium
Information received on 02/03/2017 from Dr Jean-François Heymans, Director, Animal Health and Safety of Products of Animal Origin, Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain (FASFC), Bruxelles, Belgium
- Report type Follow-up report No. 2
- Date of start of the event 26/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 03/02/2017
- Report date 02/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 02/03/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Virus de l'influenza A hautement pathogène
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Mallard:Anas platyrhynchos(Anatidae) - … – 1 - 1 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Mallard:Anas platyrhynchos(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; Belgium.