Title: Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza H5N8, Italy [two poultry outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry and wild birds epizootics in Italy.
Source: National Reference Laboratory for AI, Padua, Italy, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ][ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) in Italy – H5N5, H5N8
- 01/03/2017 – On 28 February 2017, the National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for Avian Influenza and Newcastle Disease confirmed as positive to High Pathogenicity Avian Influenza Subtype H5N8 two backyard farms, both in Venice province (Veneto region).
- The first positivity was confirmed in a chicken found dead in a backyard farm that rear 11 birds (7 chickens and 4 ducks).
- The second positivity was identified in another backyard farm near the first case.
- At the moment of the impound, 8 hens, 3 ducks, 2 geese, and 4 peacocks were present; two of the chickens showed clinical symptoms and were sent to the NRL for analysis.
- The culling procedures ended on 28 February in the first outbreak and on 01 February in the second.
Keywords: Italy; Updates; Avian Influenza, H5N8; Poultry.