Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Slovakia [a #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Slovakia.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Slovakia
Information received on 10/03/2017 from Dr Jozef Bires , Director & Chief Veterinary Officer , State Veterinary and Food Administration , Ministry of Agriculture, BRATISLAVA, Slovakia
- Report type Follow-up report No. 4
- Date of start of the event 24/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 29/12/2016
- Report date 10/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 10/03/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 24/02/2006
- Manifestation of disease Sub-clinical infection
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 51 - 11 - 11 - 40 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 21.57% - 21.57% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Slovakia.