Title: Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza H5N8, Italy [one poultry outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Italy.
Source: National Reference Laboratory for Avian Influenza, Padua, Italy, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) in Italy
2016/2017 – H5N5, H5N8
- 17/03/2017 – On 16 March 2017, the National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for Avian Influenza and Newcastle Disease confirmed as positive to High Pathogenicity Avian Influenza Subtype H5N8 in a farm in Treviso province (Veneto region).
- The positivity was found after the farmer reported the death of 5 chickens (Gallus gallus) to the Veterinary Services.
- Animals are kept in an aviary and, at the moment of the impound, there were about 200 birds of different species.
- Epidemiological investigations are in progress to identify the possible source of introduction.
- Culling procedures are scheduled for today.
Keywords: Italy; Updates; H5N8; Avian Influenza; Poultry.