Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Bosnia [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Bosnia.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N8, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Information received on 02/03/2017 from Dr Ljubomir Kalaba, Director, Veterinary Office, Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 28/02/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 28/02/2017
- Report date 02/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 02/03/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 02/2006
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Mute Swan:Cygnus olor(Anatidae) – … – 2 - 0 - 2 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Mute Swan:Cygnus olor(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 0.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; Bosnia.