Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N6, #Greece [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N6 subtype, poultry epizootics in Greece.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N6, Greece
Information received on 03/03/2017 from Mr Spiros Doudounakis, Director, , Directorate General of Veterinary Services / Animal Health Directorare , Ministry of Rural Development and Food , ATHENS, Greece
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 06/02/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 02/03/2017
- Report date 03/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 03/03/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N6
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to the whole country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - DYTIKI MAKEDONIA ( Village of Antigonos in Florina Prefecture )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 60 - 60 - 60 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds – 100.00% - 100.00% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- This outbreak was mistakenly reported on 16/2/2017 as HPAI H5N8 instead of HPAI (H5) other than H5N8 and H5N1.
- Subsequent laboratory investigation confirmed HPAI H5N6 on 2/3/2017.
- All measures on holding were applied upon AI H5 confirmation on 9/02/2017.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N6 ; Poultry; Greece.