Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N6, #China [a #poultry #outbreak, #Hubei].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N6 subtype, poultry epizootics in China.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N6, China
Information received on 15/03/2017 from Dr Zhang Zhongqui, Director General , China Animal Disease Control Centre, Veterinary Bureau, Ministry of Agriculture, Beijing, China (People's Rep. of)
- Report type Follow-up report No. 19
- Date of start of the event 23/08/2014
- Date of confirmation of the event 01/09/2014
- Report date 15/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 15/03/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 04/05/2014
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N6
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 767 - 134 - 86 - 681 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 17.47% - 11.21% - 64.18% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N6 ; Poultry; China; Hubei.