Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N5, #Serbia [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N5 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Serbia.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N5, Serbia
Information received on 01/03/2017 from Dr Budimir Plavšić, Head, Animal Health Department Veterinary Directorate, Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection, Belgrade, Serbia
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 20/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 25/01/2017
- Report date 01/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 01/03/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N5
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Necropsy
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - SRBIJA ( Botos-reka Tamis, Zrenjanin, Srednjebanatski )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Mute Swan:Anatidae (Cygnus olor) – … - 1 - 1 – 0 – 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Mute Swan:Anatidae (Cygnus olor) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- ** Not calculated because of missing information;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N5 ; Wild Birds; Serbia.