Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N1, #Nepal [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N1 subtype, poultry epizootics in Nepal.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1, Nepal
Information received on 05/03/2017 from Dr Bimal Kumar Nirmal, Doctor, Department of Livestock Services, DGA openRR, NEPAL, Nepal
- Report type Follow-up report No. 1
- Date of start of the event 17/02/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 22/02/2017
- Report date 05/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 05/03/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 22/05/2014
- Manifestation of disease Sub-clinical infection
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N1
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to the whole country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 2162 - ** - 0 - 2162 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - ** - 0.00% - ** - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N1 ; Poultry; Nepal.