Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N1, #Cameroon [two #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N1 subtype, poultry epizootics in Cameroon.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1, Cameroon
Information received on 31/03/2017 from Dr Gaston Djonwe, Directeur des Services Vétérinaires, Services Vétérinaires, Ministère de l'Elevage, des Pêches & des Industries Animales, Yaoundé, Cameroon
- Report type Follow-up report No. 30
- Date of start of the event 20/05/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 24/05/2016
- Report date 31/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 31/03/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 12/03/2006
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N1
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 2
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 6320 - 1487 ** - 1487 - 4833 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - ** - ** - ** - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- Epidemiological investigation staff from the veterinary services of the West region and of the epidemiological surveillance network (RESCAM) performed sampling for analysis and implemented protective measures according to Law 006 of 16 April 2001 on zoo-sanitary standards applying to livestock diseases legally considered as contagious and subjected to compulsory reporting, and to the OIE Terrestrial Animal Health Code.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N1 ; Poultry; Cameroon.