Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N1, #Nigeria [six #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N1 subtype, poultry epizootics in Nigeria.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1, Nigeria
Information received on 03/03/2017 from Dr Gideon Mbursa Mshelbwala, Director, Veterinary Services, Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, ABUJA, Nigeria
- Report type Follow-up report No. 47
- Date of start of the event 02/01/2015
- Date of confirmation of the event 08/01/2015
- Report date 03/03/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 03/03/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 27/07/2008
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N1
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to the whole country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 6
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 13052 - 246 - 246 - 12806 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 1.88% - 1.88% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- Poor farm biosecurity
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N1 ; Poultry; Nigeria.