Title: #Zika, #Global #situation #report, 2 February 2017.
Subject: Zika Virus Infection and related complications, bi-monthly global update by WHO.
Source: World Health Organization (WHO), full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Zika situation report, 2 February 2017
Zika virus, Microcephaly and Guillain-Barré syndrome: |-- Read the full situation report –|
- |-- Download the map png, 338kb –|
- |-- List of countries and territories reporting mosquito-borne Zika virus transmission (Table 1) png, 224kb –|
- Countries and territories reporting mosquito-borne Zika virus infections for the first time in the past two weeks:
- Countries and territories reporting microcephaly and other central nervous system (CNS) malformations potentially associated with Zika virus infection for the first time in the past two weeks:
- Countries and territories reporting Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) cases associated with Zika virus infection for the first time in the past two weeks:
- The next situation report will be published on Friday, 17 February and will include a new country classification scheme.
- Overall, the global risk assessment has not changed.
- Zika virus continues to spread geographically to areas where competent vectors are present.
- Although a decline in cases of Zika infection has been reported in some countries, or in some parts of countries, vigilance needs to remain high.
Keywords: WHO; Worldwide; Updates; Zika Virus.