Title: #HK, Suspected #MERS case reported.
Subject: Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, suspected imported case in Hong Kong.
Source: Centre for Health Protection, Hong Kong PRC SAR, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Suspected MERS case reported
The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health (DH) today (February 1) reported the test results of two suspected cases of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), and again urged the public to pay special attention to safety during travel, taking due consideration of health risks of the places of visit.
The case notified yesterday (January 31) tested negative for MERS Coronavirus upon preliminary testing, while the new case reported today is detailed below:
- Sex – Female
- Age – 39
- Affected area involved - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Risk exposure - With camel contact
- Hospital - Tseung Kwan O Hospital
- Condition – Stable
- MERS-CoV preliminary test result – Pending
The public may visit the following pages for more information and health advice:
- the MERS pages of the CHP and
- the Travel Health Service,
- MERS statistics in affected areas,
- the CHP's Facebook Page and
- YouTube Channel, and
- the World Health Organization's latest news.
Tour leaders and tour guides operating overseas tours are advised to refer to the CHP's health advice on MERS.
Ends/Wednesday, February 1, 2017 / Issued at HKT 18:35 / NNNN
Keywords: HK PRC SAR; Updates; MERS-CoV.