Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H7N9, #China [variant virus in live #poultry #market].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H7N9 subtype, poultry epizootics in China.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ][ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H7N9, China (People's Rep. of)
Information received on 18/02/2017 from Dr Zhang Zhongqui, Director General , China Animal Disease Control Centre, Veterinary Bureau, Ministry of Agriculture, Beijing, China (People's Rep. of)
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 10/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 10/01/2017
- Report date 18/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 18/02/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 2015
- Manifestation of disease Sub-clinical infection
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H7N9
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - GUANGDONG ( Live bird markets )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - … – ** – … – … – …
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - ** - ** - ** - **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- ** Not calculated because of missing information;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- Samples from live bird markets sent to the National Reference Laboratory for Avian Influenza by the Guangdong veterinary authotities tested positive for a highly pathogenic avian influenza H7N9 virus.
- Affected live poultry markets have been closed and surveillance is strengthened in the whole province.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H7N9 ; Poultry; China.