Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Romania [two #poultry / #wildbirds #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry and wild birds epizootics in Romania.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ][ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Romania
Information received on 17/02/2017 from Dr. Marius Grigore, Director, Head of Unit Animal Health Department General Sanitary Veterinary Directorate, National Sanitary Veterinary and Food Safety Authority, Bucharest, Romania
- Report type Follow-up report No. 16
- Date of start of the event 22/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 24/11/2016
- Report date 17/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 17/02/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 2
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 39 - 8 - 8 - 31 - 0
- Fieldfare:Turdus pilaris(Turdidae) - … – 1 - 1 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 20.51% - 20.51% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- Fieldfare:Turdus pilaris(Turdidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Wild Birds; Romania.