Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Nigeria [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Nigeria.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Nigeria
Information received on 08/02/2017 from Dr Gideon Mbursa Mshelbwala, Director, Veterinary Services, Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, ABUJA, Nigeria
- Report type Follow-up report No. 2
- Date of start of the event 19/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 16/12/2016
- Report date 08/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 08/02/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 4 - 4 - 0 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 100.00% - 0.00% - 0.00% - 0.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- Different species of birds are sold in the market.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Nigeria.