Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Czech Republic [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Czech Republic.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N8, Czech Republic
Information received on 27/02/2017 from Dr Zbyněk Semerád, Director General, State Veterinary Administration, Veterinary Administration, Prague, Czech Republic
- Report type Follow-up report No. 7
- Date of start of the event 04/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 04/01/2017
- Report date 27/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 27/02/2017
- Reason for notification First occurrence of a listed disease
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Necropsy
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 2
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Mallard:Anas platyrhynchos(Anatidae) - … – 2 - 2 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Mallard:Anas platyrhynchos(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; Czech Republic.