Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Ukraine [a #zoo #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry and wild birds epizootics in Ukraine.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N8, Ukraine
Information received on 17/02/2017 from Dr Olga Shevchenko, Head of Directorate fot International Cooperation, Directorate fot International Cooperation, State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection, Kiev, Ukraine
- Report type Follow-up report No. 2
- Date of start of the event 01/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 02/01/2017
- Report date 17/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 17/02/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Indian Peafowl:Pavo cristatus(Phasianidae) - 931 - 10 - 10 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Indian Peafowl:Pavo cristatus(Phasianidae) - 1.07% - 1.07% - 100.00% - 1.07%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Captive Birds; Ukraine.