Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Bulgaria [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Bulgaria.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Bulgaria
Information received on 24/02/2017 from Dr Damyan Iliev, Chief Veterinary Officer & Deputy Executive Director, Bulgarian Food Safety Agency, Ministry of Agriculture and Food, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Report type Follow-up report No. 3
- Date of start of the event 19/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 19/12/2016
- Report date 24/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 24/02/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 01/07/2015
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 62 - 25 - 25 - 37 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 40.32% - 40.32% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Bulgaria.