Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Italy [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Italy.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Italy
Information received on 16/02/2017 from Prof. Dr. Romano Marabelli, Chief Veterinary Officer, Secretary General, Ministry of Health, Rome, Italy
- Report type Follow-up report No. 5
- Date of start of the event 20/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 21/01/2017
- Report date 16/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 16/02/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 17/01/2015
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 14327 - 14327 - 100 - … - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 100.00% - 0.70% - 0.70% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- The National Reference Laboratory has sequenced HPAI subtype H5N8.
- A protection zone of 3 km and a surveillance zone of 10 km have been established.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Italy.