Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Greece [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Greece.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Greece
Information received on 02/02/2017 from Mr Spiros Doudounakis, Director, Animal Health Directorate, Directorate General of Veterinary Services / Animal Health Directorare , Ministry of Rural Development and Food , ATHENS, Greece
- Report type Follow-up report No. 1
- Date of start of the event 14/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 19/12/2016
- Report date 02/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 02/02/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to the whole country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 3
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Mute Swan:Cygnus olor(Anatidae) - … – 1 - 1 - 0 - 0
- Greylag Goose:Anser anser(Anatidae) - … – 1 - 1 - 0 - 0
- Common magpie:Pica pica(Corvidae) - 1 - 1 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Mute Swan:Cygnus olor(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- Greylag Goose:Anser anser(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- Common magpie:Pica pica(Corvidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; Greece.