Title: Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza H5N8, Italy [two poultry & wild birds outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry and wild birds epizootics in Italy.
Source: National Reference Laboratory for AI, Padua, Italy, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ][ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) in Italy – H5N5, H5N8
- 24/02/2017 – The National Reference Laboratory for Avian Influenza and Newcastle Disease (NRL) confirmed a new positivity to High Pathogenicity Avian Influenza virus subtype H5N8 in a common shelduck (Tadorna tadorna).
- The symptomatic bird was found in a wetland (mouth of the Po river) in Boccasette locality, Rovigo province (Veneto region) and died shortly after.
- 23/02/2017 – The virus detected in infected farm located in Mantua province, and confirmed on 22/02/2017, has been characterised by the National Reference Laboratory as Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza.
- This is the seventh case of HPAI subtype H5N8 in the Italian domestic poultry sector.
- Phylogenetic analysis are ongoing.
Keywords: Italy; Updates; H5N8; Avian Influenza; poultry; Wild birds.