Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Portugal [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Portugal.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N8, Portugal
Information received on 31/01/2017 from Dr Bernardo Fernando, , Direção Geral de Alimentação e Veterinária, Ministro da Agricultura, Florestas e Desenvolvimento Rural, LISBONNE, Portugal
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 27/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 31/01/2017
- Report date 31/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 01/02/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - DSVR DO ALGARVE ( Ludo, Almancil, Algarve, Algarve )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Grey Heron:Ardeidae (Ardea cinerea) - … - 1 - 1 – 0 – 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Grey Heron:Ardeidae (Ardea cinerea) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- ** Not calculated because of missing information;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; Portugal.