Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Slovakia [twenty-one #wildbirds #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Slovakia.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N8, Slovakia
Information received on 05/02/2017 from Dr Jozef Bires , Director & Chief Veterinary Officer , State Veterinary and Food Administration , Ministry of Agriculture, BRATISLAVA, Slovakia
- Report type Follow-up report No. 3
- Date of start of the event 02/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 03/01/2017
- Report date 05/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 05/02/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 24/02/2006
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 21
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Mute Swan:Cygnus olor(Anatidae) - 12 - 94 - 94 - 1 - 0
- Greylag Goose:Anser anser(Anatidae) - … – 3 - 3 - 0 - 0
- Mallard:Anas platyrhynchos(Anatidae) - … – 3 - 3 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Mute Swan:Cygnus olor(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- Greylag Goose:Anser anser(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- Mallard:Anas platyrhynchos(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; Slovakia.