Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Italy [a #poultry #outbreak in #Venice region].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Italy.
Source: National Reference Laboratory for Avian Influenza, Padua, Italy, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) in Italy
2016/2017 – H5N5, H5N8
- On 16 February 2017 a suspect of Avian influenza arose in a industrial meat turkey farm in Verona province (Veneto region) where birds reared in one of the ten sheds showed depression and decrease in water intake.
- At the moment of epidemiological investigation, 41.373 birds were present at the premise.
- On 17 February, the National Reference Laboratory for Avian Influenza and Newcastle Disease (NRL) confirmed the farm as positive to Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Subtype H5N8.
- Phylogenetic analysis are ongoing.
- In addition the NRL characterized the virus identified in Mantua province as Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza.
Keywords: Avian Influenza, H5N8, Italy, Poultry, Updates.