Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Romania [backyard #captive #birds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, captive birds epizootics in Romania.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Romania
Information received on 07/02/2017 from Dr. Marius Grigore, Director, Head of Unit Animal Health Department General Sanitary Veterinary Directorate, National Sanitary Veterinary and Food Safety Authority, Bucharest, Romania
- Report type Follow-up report No. 13
- Date of start of the event 22/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 24/11/2016
- Report date 07/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 07/02/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Herring Gull:Larus argentatus(Laridae) - 5 - 5 - 5 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Herring Gull:Larus argentatus(Laridae) - 100.00% - 100.00% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Captive birds; Romania.