Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N5, #Czech Republic [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N5 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Czech Republic.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N5, Czech Republic
Information received on 15/02/2017 from Dr Zbyněk Semerád, Director General, State Veterinary Administration, Veterinary Administration, Prague, Czech Republic
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 12/02/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 12/02/2017
- Report date 15/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 15/02/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N5
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Necropsy
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - LIBERECKÝ ( Liberec, Liberec )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Greylag Goose:Anatidae (Anser anser) - 4 - 0 - 0 - 4 - 0
- Mute Swan:Anatidae (Cygnus olor) - 5 – 1 – 1 – 4 – 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Greylag Goose:Anatidae (Anser anser) - 0.00% - 0.00% - 100.00%
- Mute Swan:Anatidae (Cygnus olor) - 20.00% - 20.00% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N5 ; Wild Birds; Czech Republic.