Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N1, #Nepal [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N1 subtype, poultry epizootics in Nepal.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1, Nepal
Information received on 25/02/2017 from Dr Bimal Kumar Nirmal, Doctor, Department of Livestock Services, DGA openRR, NEPAL, Nepal
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 17/02/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 22/02/2017
- Report date 25/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 25/02/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 22/05/2014
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N1
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to the whole country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - GANDAKI ( Khalte masina, Pokhara Sub Metropolitan city-18, Kaski )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 395 - 98 - 98 - 297 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 24.81% - 24.81% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- Ducks reared under a backyard system started to show torticollis and greenish white diarrhea and died.
- Chicken reared in the same premises also died acutely without showing any prominent clinical signs.
- Premises adjoining to the affected household also showed the similar symptoms with few deaths.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N1 ; Poultry; Nepal.